Saturday, June 11, 2011

This and That

Hello Y’All.  Well I am back from a week of non-stop drama!  
First, my granddaughter, Suzy, was in labor from early Monday morning until late afternoon Friday when she finally delivered my great grandson Gavin Bentlee Marlin.  We were all counting the contractions, worrying that Gavin was in distress because he had been in ‘position’ for so very long, and wondering why the doctors didn’t think Suzy should be hospitalized in case of major complications.  She went to the ER at least 3 times and they sent her home; frustration seemed to be her major problem as the contractions didn’t seem to bother her-ever! When the little fellow showed up he weighed in at 7 pounds 2 ounces and 19 ¾ inches long, which is a pretty good size for such a young mother.  Both he and Suzy are doing fine, in fact she has gone back and finished her final exams and is home for the summer.  Gavin has lots of dark brown hair and right now his eyes seem to be grey (but I know they will change soon) and he has the sweetest little round head.  I thought for sure that his head would be misshapen because of the long labor but he’s perfect. 

Gavin Bentlee Marlin

Not yet 24 hours old!

While Suzy was having Gavin, I was in a dental surgery suite having a tooth removed.  It went really well and I felt that I was going to do much better than I ever did when I had out my wisdom teeth. Not!  It turns out that I was allergic or sensitive to the antibiotic I was given.  At first I thought I was having a heart attack because my jaw, chest, back, and arms went into some sort of spasm that mimicked a heart attack!  When I realized that swallowing, even my own saliva, was causing the pain and that it wasn’t my heart I was somewhat relieved but honestly the pain just wouldn’t go away since swallowing is an involuntary reaction to moisture in the mouth.  This went on for days, which seemed like weeks since I was not eating or drinking, before we checked out the side effects of the antibiotic which proved to be the culprit; I thought it was my acid reflux going into high gear and it never occurred to me that an antibiotic could cause so much pain.  For those of you who are sensitive to medication the name of the medicine is Clindamycin.

When I started feeling better I had to get right to work on my digital designs since my shop hardly has anything in it at all so I was working at least ten hours a day.  This past Thursday my grandson, Joshua, graduated from grade school!  It seems like just yesterday he was an infant and now he is going into middle school.  Be still my heart . . . I think I am going to suffer empty nest syndrome worst than my daughter will.  Joshua has got to be the sweetest, most loving, grandson anyone could ever have.  You should see him with his new nephew, he cannot leave him alone for any length of time and is constantly kissing and baby talking to him.

Here is the preview for some frames I finished late last night; I hope to have more done by tonight.  I want to finish up on the July store collaboration so I can complete a kit I began last month that is called ‘Good morning, Sunshine!’

Here is a preview of my Doodle Bug Brushes:

I hope y’all continue to have a wonderful weekend and pray for all the animals and people who have been displaced by the wild fires in the western United States and for all those folks around the world who are suffering from the warfare that seems to be popping up all over the globe.

1 comment:

Vicki C said...

What a sweet BABE!! Congrats GG ma :)

btw.. beautiful designs!!