Monday, January 5, 2009

Hey Y'all!

Well, another update on Kim. She had to go see the dentist this morning because the root of one of her front teeth became exposed. Now she needs oral surgery that will require the surgeon to graft tissue from the roof of her mouth onto her gums. The vomiting she does with the gasteoparesis is eroding her entire mouth and he also told her that after the surgery if she vomits it will be very, very painful and might undo what has just been done. She is to see the surgeon next week on the 12th for a consultation. I told her to check to see if there is an alternate solution; until the gasteoparesis is under control she will continue to vomit. She also found out that the pacemaker is suppose to stop the vomiting but it will take anywhere from 9 to 14 months after the implant in order for it to become effective. There never seems to be a surefire solution to Kim's problems.

I'm working on my catalog again; building a new one for the vintage elements I've collected. It's one of those mindless things that I can do when my stress level is too high to accomplish anything that takes any thought! I do have plans for some new freebies, coming soon!

Hope you're having a great week.

Love,
Liv

2 comments:

Brooke - in Oregon said...

Hey Liv
I was wondering what you were up to. OH MY GOSH, I know God does not give us more than we can handle but WOW in my mind enough already! Know that you guys are always in my thought and prayers.

I just got all my Christmas decorations down and wow my house looks empty! lol
Hugs

rose said...

oh grief Liv,that is sure no fun for Kim I hate dentist
oh did you say vintage ! em eh were!?
Well glad you are well and I have something pn my blog for u