Sunday, April 21, 2013

Some Questions and a Gift


Hi Y’all!
How are you doing this weekend? Have had a good one so far I hope. I didn’t do much other than eat and watch the telly.  Actually, I spent most of my time trying to play catch-up with this designing business. The amount of email that is generated by being a member of a store design team is amazing! It seems like as fast as I read them the faster they are coming in.  Do you get a lot of email? I like getting the store newsletters so that I can see what all the other designers are doing at any given time but I hardly spend more than 20 minutes checking those out. The other thing I like to do when I have the time is go to Cute Overload; love that site. Problem is when I do go I tend to stay a long while catching up on what I have been missing; you should check it out if you love animals.
I haven’t made a new kit for May yet but I am trying very hard to put one together if only in my mind before I go to sleep :) I want to do something flowery and swirly but don’t I do a lot of those? I want to learn how to do the comic or coloring book style of designing; I keep trying but it just doesn’t come to me. What type of scrapbooking kits do you look for?  Do you first look for colors or do you look for your favorite style?  Do you like a lot of papers or do you mainly use the elements?  Do you like to use element templates as well as page templates? How about quickpages? Do you buy quickpages or do you go in search of free quickpages? When I was doing a lot of digital scrapbooking I used a lot of glittered elements, I just love the glitter!  I was always attracted to butterflies and birds along with roses and daisies too. How about you?
I just tried my hand at a simple flower template.  Don’t laugh please! :) I know it leaves a lot to be desired but it is almost coloring book style, yes? There is a layered psd file and the png files for other programs. Well, I hope you like it enough to download it as your gift for this week!  I will try again soon to do a better one.



You can download this gift HERE! 

I will be sending out my newsletter tomorrow morning which will have some word art freebies for you; be sure you are signed up for it (top right on the sidebar).
BellaZingaro Studio/Bellas Studio will be closing its doors on April 30, please come check out the designer sales; my sale is for 20% off everything I have in the shop.
Thanks for dropping by guys.  If you could satisfy my curiosity about your scrapbooking by posting a comment I would really appreciate it!
Hugs,
 

3 comments:

MomOnceAgain said...

I will try to answer all of your question. Goodness, there were a lot!
Type of scrapbooking kits - I am not looking for a lot of children's kits, although I do buy some. I tend to get those that are more romantic in nature.
Look for colors or style - Colors catch my eye first, although I am a sucker for pretty flowers... :)
Papers or elements - probably more elements than papers, although the cardstocks and plain papers (which is what I tend to use for backgrounds) are really nice to have.
Element templates - I have not tried using these yet.
Page templates - still learning how to use these, but I can see them being useful...
Quickpages - I love them! I will purchase them and pick up freebies, but I don't go looking for them.
What I like - I'm still learning how to use many things, but I love flowers and natural looking elements, swirls/flourishes, doilies... I'm a romantic!
I am also quite new at this, but I am looking to get better quickly. Meanwhile I buy what catches my eye and download a lot of freebies!
And if it is purple/lilac or pink, chances are good I will buy it! :D

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the answers Deb! It is really a big help to hear what is going on in the mind of scrappers! LOL! The things you say you love are what I always loved, the girly kind of stuff. I still like to make that kind of stuff too.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the answers Deb! It is really a big help to hear what is going on in the mind of scrappers! LOL! The things you say you love are what I always loved, the girly kind of stuff. I still like to make that kind of stuff too.