Saturday, January 12, 2008

Slow?

Yep, I'm very slow! I'm still waiting on that new CPU so that I can begin my year in earnest. Between the squirrels (and this morning's Great Blue Heron) and my computer problems I'm not getting much rest. A lot of my online friends are also in the middle of big changes so it seems like we've lost contact (thought I know this isn't true-it just SEEMS that way).

You know I told you how I hate Vista? It messed up my printer and scanner while it was messing with my mind! Both my printer and scanner had to have new drivers installed in order for them to work and they will probably never be the same again. I'm so ticked off with Microsoft. How can they do these deals with the CPU manufacturers when they know their product isn't functioning as it should. I even heard that they are going to issue another new operating system within six months; I believe it's Vista-reborn! Maybe they are fixing all the things that should have been ready when they released Vista. It's just a shame that those people who invested in a CPU or bought the program outright and were therefore committed to use the stupid program can't get their money back or at least an apology and a fixed program from MS.

Alright, off the soapbox. Is this weather driving y'all as crazy as it is me? One day you wear shorts and the next you have to put on woolen mittens and a hat. I feel like I'm coming down with the flu; I hope it's just my allergies giving me a fit-I can't deal with the flu on top of everything else that's going on in my life.

I'm really missing my friends over at Serendipity SB and my friend, Jill, at The Scrappy Gourmet. I just don't have a minute to myself these days that I'm not working on this computer or fighting with wildlife! As I mentioned above, we have a (actually a pair) Great Blue Heron that lives in the neighborhood. As my house is between a pond and a lake, the male who I call "Blue" (very original, huh?) likes to sit on my roof and survey the water from high up so he can see the fish better. We use to have a hybrid (Canada goose and a domestic goose) who liked to sit up there too. My roof looks striped (bird poop)! I don't know why I'm rambling so today. I think I may just be in a "holding pattern" waiting for things to get settled and I don't want to commit to anything right now. I think I'm going to go watch the football playoffs.

Tootles!

1 comment:

Vicki Chrisman said...

Oh man...the flu, AND major computer problems????? That would just push me right over the edge! Hope things get better for you SOON! Hugs!