Sunday, September 14, 2008

LOTD!

Okay, last 24 has been terrible. Kim's back in hospital (seems worse than ever) and I'm having anxiety attacks and horrible headaches. But, got this message from the International Scrapbook Association today:

Congratulations Olivia your layout has been chosen to be featured as "Layout of the Day" on WeScrap for September 16, 2008.

Your layout will be featured on WeScrap as the featured layout for 24 hours.

That bumped me up a notch, but here's the problem: I have no idea which of my layouts was chosen! Searched the site, my gallery, etc. couldn't find out a thing. Guess I have to wait until Tuesday with everyone else!

I see where my friends get published all the time (especially Ms. Vicki C) and wonder how that happens? Do you send your layouts to the respective mags or websites? Or sit around and wait to be recognized? It would be nice for that to happen while I'm still young enough to enjoy it! LOL!

I have been steadily working on the Fall Splendor Kit for the blog hop on October 1. It has grown more than I expected and I can't seem to stop coming up with ideas! This is new to me-my ideas come out so infrequently that it seems I ought to take some 'idea laxative!' I guess I just need to try and NOT focus on the problems in my world and that will let out my muse. I have been continuing to go through my father's photos and papers; I guess his death is still too fresh in my mind for me to be able to enjoy the task. I know it needs to be done but after 20 minutes or so I get so darned depressed that I have to stop. Here is a recent find of him back in 1938 with his grandmother Louisiana Lanetta Nunnally:I hope all my darling blog friends and readers are having a super weekend and if you happened to be in the path of Hurricane Ike I want you to know my prayers have been with you all along!

Hugs,
Liv

1 comment:

Vicki Chrisman said...

OH that poor girl. I just feel so bad for you.. and for you too. All this stuff , back to back for you , is just too much. I will be praying extra hard for you Kim tonight. Hugs to you.. please get some rest Liv.