Friday, October 5, 2012

Halloween Freebie!

Hey Y'all!

Hope everything is fine with y'all tonight/today/this morning! LOL! We are spread out all over the world aren't we?  Isn't the Internet amazing? Did you ever think you would be friends with people in countries other than your own? I wish I was younger, not because I was beautiful and talented (did I say beautiful), so that I could enjoy all this freedom to learn and investigate and communicate longer.  I love the Web! I don't think I have ever enjoyed anything as much as I have and am enjoying the Internet. I remember the first week we had a home computer and my roommate was dialing the telephone from it in order to go up to the Epson Bulletin Board to find out what was happening with other Epson users. We were the first of our friends and the first on our street to have a computer and we thought we were hot stuff :o) The first project I worked on was a security manual for the bank I worked for as their Security Manager.  I wrote the entire manual on that old Epson (it was new then of course) and printed it out on a dot matrix printer! We thought that was so amazing, that we could type and correct then print out on our own printer.  This was before every office had one of the 'line' correctable typewriters, you know the ones that let you back up by one line and correct a mistake before it printed on your paper!  Wow! I am going on my own personal memory trip! Anyway, you get my meaning: THE WORLD WIDE WEB IS WONDERFUL!

I promised that I would come back this week with a freebie for you and I finally got a chance to make good on my promise! I have made you a Halloween overlay to use over your paper of choice. Try different blending styles with it to get some really interesting papers to use in your scrapping. I love the little bats and glassy eyed frog! Here is the preview:


You can download this freebie from HERE or from HERE.

I am past due to send out a newsletter too and I have made a freebie for it also.  It is called Scary Jack because it is a Jack-O-Lantern sitting in the dark with two candles lit inside casting out some spooky light! I thought it would be a fun sign to have at your Halloween parties (you can get Costco to print it for you for as little as $1.49 for an 8x8 or $2.99 for 12 x 12)) or a cute clipart element to add to your Halloween scrapbook layouts.

Be sure and sign up for my newsletter (to your right on the side panel) if you haven't already so you can get your copy of Scary Jack!

Okay, I have a question for all you hybrid and altered art scrappers.  When you print out a digi-stamp to use in your project and you want to color it with color pens, chalks, watercolors, etc. what do you do to keep the inkjet inks from running  and smearing and ruining your project? A friend of mine is getting ready to market some gorgeous digi-stamps that are geared toward the paper and altered arts scrappers.  These artists don't print out their elements in color like we digi-scrappers do, they use them as if they had a stamp they pounced on an ink pad then color it in.  I know that there are fixatives for this but what do You use and what do you think is the best way to use it? If anyone comes up with a super good answer I am pretty sure I could talk my friend into giving you a Christmas digi-stamp to use on your projects! Just leave your answers in the comments section or email me at countryliv@yahoo.com with Digi-Stamp in the subject line.

I am sorry I have not been blogging as I should, this past month has been a doosey and looks like October is going to be going the same way! I have been blessed with a design assistant by the name of Chris Allport who has turned into one of the greatest finds a designer could hope for; she is knowledgeable, quick, prolific,has an ace photog as a husband, and is indispensable! It will be because of her if I get back here again this month!

Oh, one more thing: The new design store I was joining this month has had a small set back but Bella Zingaro Studio will be up and running by November 1, this year! So keep your ears tuned for the Grand Opening which promises to be a fun time!

Y'all take care now!


No comments: