Thursday, May 8, 2008

Time

I was visiting one of my favorite blogs, A Romantic Porch, and Rachel was speaking of time. Time is a subject that stays on my mind much more than I want it to and much more than it should. I left a comment and while I was doing so it occurred to me that I should put those thoughts on my blog too. I need my family and friends to understand me and what is important to me.


I'm going to be 62 in September and every single day I have thoughts of time going too quickly. There are so many things I'd like to experience; so many people I'd like to meet and love. So many projects I'd like to begin and finish. So many kisses I need to give my children and my grandchildren and my friends. So many smiles and hugs I want to share. I so enjoy my life now and what I do with it but I experience feelings of guilt when I'm checking my favorite blogs or find myself at a standstill, gazing out the window at God's beautiful world and its creatures.


Am I using my time wisely? How much more time do I have? Do I want to know? These are questions that undoubtedly have been asked, by millions, for eons before me; none have been able to come back and give us the answers!



This I can tell you: As you grow older, time passes faster and faster. It's Monday morning and then it's Sunday evening and you find yourself spinning through time so quickly that it is frightening! So hold on to all of the moments and they will add up to a lot of life truly lived. When my time comes to an end, I hope I have run out of kisses and hugs because I know I do not want to take any with me.


Have a wonderful day and enjoy your time!

Tootles!

4 comments:

Donna Lynn said...

Dearest Liv,
I feel just like you do, I feel time spinning by!
I have really noticed it passing quicker since my boys have grown up and the house is much more quiet now. Walking everyday has marked the passage of time too, seems like the Mondays are coming and faster together! I don't feel older then when I was 20, but then I look in the mirror and see new wrinkles, another grey hair and reality hits me! OH Bother...as Pooh would say!
Hope your week has been great, thanks for reminding me to kiss and hugs my loved ones! XXOO to you,
Donna Lynn

A Romantic Porch said...

Dear Sweet Liv, thank you for leaving such thought provoking comments over on my blog. And then I drop over here, and see that you have linked your thoughts to mine. That is wonderful. Your pictures are beautiful. I hope you have a beautiful day doing the things that are important and that matter most. xoRachel

Deb S. said...

Hi Liv,
What a beautiful post.Makes me think of all the things I need and want to do and you are so right,time goes so fast! I realize that more and more everyday.Thanks for such a thought provoking message and sharing your wonderful self with all of us out here in blog land.You are a special lady...
Hugs,Deb
your photos are beautiful! :)

Vicki Chrisman said...

OH.. so so so true! I took in every word of this post and have thought alot of those very things.
I feel sad when I get caught up in my busy life and start taking things for granted. Why do I do that... I know better. I see how fast time is going by. I never imagined myself at 46, and HERE it is! I have days when I look down at my hands, and think.. are those really mine? they look so old.
I should print off your post and read it every day... as a reminder..NOT to take things for granted. (no matter how busy I get). Thanks for a great post...
for giving us all somthing to think about.