Thursday, May 1, 2008

When It Rains, The Lightening Strikes!

Hey Y'all! More trouble on the ole' homefront, of course! We had a powerful electrical storm in these parts last December and one of our Hickory trees was struck by lightening. After about a month, it looked like it might just survive the beating it took. But, alas, no go! It's as dead as the proverbial door knob and we have got to have it removed. It sits just inside our property line but it is a danger to our neighbor's home so it's bite the bullet time again.

I 'm beginning to wonder if we need to take out a second mortgage to pay for all the problems that are cropping up around here. There are two more trees that are a danger to us too so the price tag for removing all of them is close to $1000! This Elm was damaged and bent permanently over by a rare ice storm:

Our insurance will pay to have a tree replaced but not it's removal. Hmmm, this seems kind of backwards, but, hey, my world has been kind of backwards lately.

The beautiful, talented, and pesky(!) Kara is leaving on a much needed mini-vacation, tomorrow morning so let's all wish her Bon Voyage! and pray for the family's happiness and safe return. Check out Kara's post of yesterday and you'll understand why I call her 'pesky!'

I found the photos of some of my animals in Virginia, so I will scan them and post as soon as possible. I'm not at my best in them but I was a heck of a lot younger than I am now! We have a lot of wildlife, other than gray squirrels, around our North Carolina home too. There are Red Fox, Barn Owls, Blue Herons, White Egrets, Canada Geese, Green Herons, Cotton-tailed Rabbits, loads of song birds, hawks, snakes, lizards, muskrats, Canvas-backed Ducks, Mergansers, Swans (imported), White-tailed Deer, raccoon, opossum, tortoise, turtles, and many others we probably don't know about!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful and happy May Day!

Tootles!

No comments: