Friday, August 15, 2008

Update

For those of you who were wondering where I have been for the past week: Richmond, Virginia. My father passed away just after midnight Sunday night. Kim and Joshua went with me to give our last goodbye's and prepare his funeral. Dad was 89 years old in June and his health was excellent the majority of his later years but he had been very lonely since my Mom passed away eleven years ago. As with all family deaths, things didn't go as smoothly as I wanted nor was his passing without stress. I have been unable to contact my brother (Tim Dunaway or James E. Dunaway, Jr.) and am hoping he will somehow see this post or someone who knows him will let him know about Dad. I am grateful that I saw Dad recently and spoke with him the week before he died. I don't have any family mementos to remember him by, but there are plenty of memories that no one can take away. Bibles, watches, rings, pens, notes, and the like will eventually pass into oblivion but I will share my memories with the younger members of my family, and they with theirs, so that he and Mom will live on in the 'family heart.' Thank you to all who expressed their sympathy and kind thoughts and prayers during this last week. I'm hoping to make an online digital album of photos to share with you soon. This shouldn't be as big an undertaking as actually scrapping the individual photos therefor making it a quicker reality.

Kind regards,
Liv

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dearest Liv, my condolences on your father's passing. I know how it feels, I lost mine 9 years ago to cancer and he was only 53. Your dad lived a long and fruitful life. Take care and hope everything will turn out fine later. hugs and much love :D

Vicki Chrisman said...

Oh Liv.. I've had you on my mind so much. I've been busy with Cat here the past week, so just now getting over here to check in again. Thinking of you friend!

A Romantic Porch said...

Bless your heart Liv. I haven't gotten to visit many blogs this summer, but I've thought about you a lot. I see that you've really been through it, and I'm so sorry. Just focus on making this moment be the best it can be. No matter how old we are, I know that we are never ready to loose our parents. When the birds, bunnies and squirrels come to our backyard, I ask myself, how can I get them to come if I call, like Liv does? Take care sweetie, xo rachel