Monday, August 25, 2008

What I've Been Doing

Hey Y'all. Besides worrying myself sick over Kim (she just got out of the hospital last night) I've been torturing myself by sifting through my Dad's papers and photographs. Thank goodness he was a pack rat (I never knew he kept so much stuff)! I keep finding notes to and for me: Livia, some good photos of Timothy; Livia, read this; Livia, when you were young! It is bittersweet to find them. I'm trying to scan in all the photos that he didn't already send to me before he died so that my cousin can link them up to the names and create a family tree Book! I wonder who will go through my stuff when I die? Oooh! That's a scary thought . . . I think I need to sort through some of my junk just in case there's anything embarrassing or riskee' I don't want made public! I mean, can't you all tell what a 'wild thing' I've been? LOL! I remember Momma sending me into her bedroom to get something out of her dresser drawer and I went into the wrong drawer and found some very embarrassing (to me) photos of her! I never did tell her I found those things, ewe! Here are a couple of photos I just have to share with you; they were taken by my grandfather either in 1949 or 1950 in Raleigh, NC. Maybe this is why I call myself 'Country Liv!' I use to be a cute little thing! I am trying to 'come back' to the land of the living, it's just taking me longer than I thought. Please don't give up on me.

Love,
Liv

5 comments:

Brooke - in Oregon said...

Oh my gosh those photos are adorable and completely priceless!! How great to find these little treasures.

I am so sorry to hear of your father's passing.

Jenn said...

How cute! I may be a "youngin'" but I know how you feel. My father died when I was only 14. Even to this day he is still in my thoughts (I am almost 29). I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not going to give up on you. Just take all the time you need. HUGE HUGS!!!

rose said...

oh Liv
This is such a painful job,but thanks to your Dad you have some wonderful photos,notes and memories to build a great family book on,these are sure treasures
Glad to here Kim out of the Hosp and praying she is doing better

rose said...

oh Liv
This is such a painful job,but thanks to your Dad you have some wonderful photos,notes and memories to build a great family book on,these are sure treasures
Glad to here Kim out of the Hosp and praying she is doing better

Vicki Chrisman said...

Oh man Liv..those photos are darling! I LOVE old photo.. looking though them for hours..just please me. I can just get lost in a box of them.
You are a cutie patootie!