Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The Rainbow Bridge

My family has been blessed with so many wonderful feline and canine friends over the years; we are a very lucky group to be able to afford to always have our animal companions. Sadly, we must say goodbye to them all too soon as these wonderful little angels of love do not have the lifespans of us humans. I remember each and every one of my fur companions from the time I was born until today and I have to say they did much more for me than I ever was able to do for them.  I have been particularly fearful of The Rainbow Bridge lately, because of my Minnie. If you know me at all you know I love my Minnie and that she has not been in the best of health the last few months; I believe we have that licked now and she is doing fine! We sometimes forget that these little souls can go in the blink of an eye and that is what happened this week with my grandkitty, BB.  BB was the brother of my kitty, Peaches, and resided in Concord, North Carolina with my daughter Kimberli; BB has been my daughter's constant companion for fourteen years. BB became listless and in just a few days had to be helped along to The Rainbow Bridge because of kidney failure.  Kidney failure is the scourge of the feline community in America, mostly because we were led to believe that a kibble diet was really good for them, it is not. (please read about this: http://www.catinfo.org/)   I just found this out a few months ago and began the slow process of switching my Peaches from kibble to canned food and I pray that I have not damaged her little body with what I thought was good for her. I have also stopped feeding my Minnie any kibble that contains grains as I believe she is allergic to them and that is what caused all of her stomach problems! Minnie now gets only meals prepared by me (chicken, beef, whole egg, coconut oil, vitamins, enzymes, and probiotics) with a small amount of veggie/meat kibble as a snack.  It really isn't any trouble to make your pet's food instead of buying manufactured kibble.

My heart is hurting for my daughter's and grandson's loss of their faithful friend and we will all miss him and remember him always. I made this little video of him for my girl and hope it makes her smile.



Thanks for listening,
Liv

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Its hard realizing he isn't going to sleep on my pillow any more.

Chris Allport said...

Liv, this is wonderful.

Tears in my eyes.

Luv Chris

Anonymous said...

My cat is allergic to chicken,fish cranberries,vitamins,water,no corn meal,God bless you and your family!!!!!

Anonymous said...

My cat is allergic to chicken,fish cranberries,vitamins,water,no corn meal,God bless you and your family!!!!!