Sunday, June 8, 2014

Sunday June 8, 2014

Hello Friends and Fans,

Well another sweltering summer week has passed here in the deep south of the U.S. I'm grateful to have had this past week.  Minnie only had one bad day since last Monday!  So, as dear departed Dr. Maya Angelou said, 'there's a rainbow in the clouds!' Did you get to experience Dr. Angelou's memorial service? It really gave me a lot to think about: How I whine and complain about the smallest things that really have no meaning in this world or this time.  All that is really important are our relationships: with our families, extended family, friends, neighbors, state, country, and all the citizens of the world, that is what will count when we are gone, the good we left behind in the hearts of mankind.

I managed to make some papers for the Digi Style Designs June CAK (Create A Kit) Father's Day. I love plaids and my Chris made it enjoyable to create them by teaching me her secrets! Thanks Chris Allport!


Click preview to visit DSD




Speaking of Chris, I cannot let the day go by without wishing Richard Allport a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY, with many happy returns! Super guy, deserves a super birthday!

I am trying out something different this week: grunged decoupage. Basically what it means is I took a chipboard frame, roughed it up, splashed some ink notes on it, pasted a few scraps of paper, and also peeled off a magazine scrap that had stuck to it. A few rips, holes, and dirt later we have a grunged, decoupaged frame :)  It is this Sundays freebie and I hope you like it! Just click on the link under the preview to download.




Before I say goodbye, I want to give you a link to an awesome blogger, Vicki Chrisman! She touches my heart on a regular basis and I think you would enjoy this latest post of hers: 

http://vickichrisman.blogspot.com


Thanks for coming by,

No comments: